Read eBook 01 - Title 01
Introduction to Book
- The Book resource makes it easy to create multi-page resources with a book-like format.
- Books can be printed entirely or by chapter.
- The Book resource allows you to have main chapters and sub chapters, but it goes no deeper.
- In addition to the links in the table of contents, you may move through the book using the arrows located to the top and bottom of the content.
- For successful completion of this book activity, student must carefully read each page of this book.
1. Scope & Limitations
Scope & Limitations
Computer : basic block diagram of computer (input–output, ALU, control unit, main memory, auxiliary memory with address, control and data lines (buses). Function of each block.
Input devices : keyboard, mouse, light pen, MICR, optical scanner.
Output devices : dot matrix printer, ink jet printer, x-y plotter, COM (computer output microfilm)
Memory : main memory-RAM (static & dynamic), ROM, PROM, EPROM, EEPROM
Secondary memory : floppy disk, hard disk, compact disc (CD ROM), magnetic tape, general explanation with read/write mechanism.
Specifications of a PC: clock frequency, main memory (RAM), secondary storage device (HDD), input-output ports, keyboard, monitor, processor, printer, mouse, floppy disk devices, CD drive, Modem, multimedia kit with sound blaster. Cache memory, requirements of UPS .